CBD stands for cannabidiol, which is a compound found mainly in the flowers of hemp plant. Cannabidiol Flower is used by the same people to get the full health benefits of CBD without the drug effect associated with THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) is a medical compound. People use CBD flowers as an intoxicant.
CBD bud smell is CBD-rich hemp flower. It looks and smells like a cannabis flower, but it’s quite different. Essentially, hemp contains 0.3 percent or less tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the compound that makes you feel intoxicated. Knowing the good and bad about the product also better equips newbies to decide whether they would like to delve into the world of CBD or not. CBD in the form of hemp flower dates back centuries
Let’s break down the pros and cons of CBD flower:
First, the Pros of CBD flower:
For many people, CBD flower is their go-to delivery method. CBD flower has a few advantages that make it stand out from other forms.
- CBD flower is relatively inexpensive: CBD comes in a range of products, including oils, tinctures, vape juice, and topicals. Although these different forms give consumers the chance to choose a product tailored to their needs, they do not come cheap. CBD flower, on the other hand, is relatively cheap when you compare it to other CBD products. The product is mostly sold dry weight. So buying it in bulk also means you get the best bang for your buck. You can also use it in different ways to ensure that the product does not go to waste when buying in bulk.
- It is absorbed by the body quickly when smoked: CBD flower works faster than other delivery methods when it is smoked. This is because CBD goes straight to your lungs when inhaled. It is then quickly absorbed into your bloodstream, after which you can feel the effects almost immediately.
- You don’t have to smoke it: Although it is commonly smoked, you don’t have to smoke CBD flower. You can also use it for cooking to create your own homemade edibles. This is great news for those with respiratory conditions, and those who simply don’t like smoking. But before baking a CBD-infused treat, you need to decarb it.
And now, the Cons of CBD flower
Unfortunately, there are also some negatives.Here, we have detailed some of the cons.
- The product can go stale: You may be surprised to find that hemp flower can go bad. While it is not always dangerous, the flower will lose its potency if it is beyond its expiration date or stored incorrectly. If your flower smells stale, has mold in it, has a change in color or texture, it is a sign that it may have gone bad.Some spores of mold may be harmful when inhaled, so it is best to dispose of the flower that has traces of mold. To avoid wasting money, you’ll need to store your flower properly. Store your product in an airtight container in a cool, dark place to extend its shelf life. Glass containers are ideal for storing hemp flower. It should usually last anywhere from six months to a year if stored correctly.
- You may experience side effects from smoking CBD flower: Unfortunately, excessive smoking of any kind ups your risk of developing a respiratory condition. That includes CBD flower or cigarettes. But smoking CBD flower does not appear to be as high-risk as smoking cigarettes. Currently no evidence links smoking CBD flower to cancer. But there are still some other side effects of excessive smoking. Because you’re burning something and inhaling it, you can irritate your lungs and throat. This is something you should try to avoid if you have a respiratory condition, like asthma. Or an illness like bronchitis. Consult a medical doctor before using CBD to ensure it is safe for you to use. We give that advice whether you’re on any medication or not.
- It is less convenient to use than other delivery methods: Using CBD bud smell needs a bit more effort than other delivery methods. CBD oils just require a few swirls in your mouth, and gummies can swiftly be munched away. But you need to prepare CBD flower before using it.If you want to smoke it, you need a little equipment. And that’s either a bong or rolling papers to roll it into a joint. Rolling a joint can be quite tricky for beginners. Baking with the flower also needs some preparation, and you need to be careful not to burn your buds.There are many benefits to using CBD flower, but as with any CBD delivery method, it has its drawbacks. It’s important to be aware of these advantages and disadvantages before you use CBD flower yourself. As always, we recommend talking to your doctor before using CBD products.